Transferring music from my keyboard to my computer?

Reaction score
I have a MIDI-USB slot on my keyboard and when I transfer the song to my computer, it shows up as a .SP7 file. I looked online for any software that could convert this type of file but I didn't find any. :[

I have a Casio CTK-4000.

Reaction score
That type of file can only be played back by your keyboard - it's a form of MIDI file which basically tells the keyboard "play this note, then this note..." etc. To get it as a file that you can listen to on your computer (such as mp3 or wav), check out this thread.

Reaction score
That makes sense, but the slot they show on the computer (line in) isn't the same as the one I have on my keyboard (this one is labeled audio in, but it is smaller)?

I don't know exactly what cable I need.:confused:

Reaction score
Does it plug into the headphones slot? Because that can fit a 1/4". My audio line in slot cannot even fit a 1/8".

:\

Reaction score
Plug your 1/4" jack into the headphones on your keyboard and the 1/8" jack into the audio in/line in on your computer - if it's a desktop the socket will probably be light blue in colour.

Reaction score
Another option would be to use a midi sequencer on your computer: the keyboard play the song while you record it on the sequencer, and you get a midi file (easier to edit than a wave or a mp3).

Ask a Question