Upgraded to an Electro 3 73

Reaction score
After a long research period, I finally decided on buying a new Electro 3 73, based on my needs. I still have my Juno di and my Yamaha Sy-85 but probably won't use them much when playing out.

I'm really happy with my purchase and just wanted to share some thoughts here. I needed a keyboard that I could easily carry up and down flights of stairs (18.2 lbs) and also one that could be my one keyboard to gig with. Right there my choices were limited. Testing this keyboard in the stores only gave me limited sense of what it was capable of doing and once I started tweeking it at home I was even happier. It's capable of getting really good hammond and combo organ sounds, and a good overall semi-weighted hammond touch.

As others have said, the Eps and Clavs are nice, also but the acoustic grands could be better. Playing them in stereo is a big difference and there are many different sounds to choose to download from their site (tweaking them helps too). I also use the Electric Y80 sounds for a lot of our Grateful Dead cover. We play mostly blues rock.

It is limited in switching easily from sound to sound, but I've found ways around that also. If I use multiple sounds in a song, I can line them up together. BTW our band is very happy with my new sounds and I really enjoy playing it.

I was also considering the Hammond Sk1 (better organ but not great other sounds and only 61 keys) and the Roland Jupiter 50, which I didn't really like the sounds much. I don't use sythn sounds much anyway.

Well there is my lenghtly summary. I hope someone finds it useful.

Ask a Question