Using Tascam headphones with Casio WK-225

Reaction score
I just purchased a set of Tascam headphones for my Casio WK-225 keyboard. Unfortunately, the jack on the headphones is too small for the keyboard. I went to Walmart and Staples to see if they had converter for the Tascam headphones. Unfortunately, neither carried it. The Casio manual states that the keyboard takes a "standard" jack. Is the standard on the Casio 1/4"? Thanks

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I don't know if Walmart still carries it, but a couple of years ago when I was faced with the same problem, Walmart had a little audio connections kit that had a couple of different adapters for converting between different sizes. I think there are basically three standard sizes-- 6.35mm (a.k.a. 1/4 inch) used on most musical instruments, 3.5mm (a.k.a. 1/8 inch) used on most computers and often called "auxiliary," and 2.5mm. Headphones can come with any of those three sizes, depending on what kind of equipment they're intended to plug into-- 6.35mm is often used on headphones for "professional audio" equipment used in recording studios, 3.5mm is used on most consumer headphones for using with computers, and 2.5mm can be used for connecting to devices which are so small or thin that even a 3.5mm plug would be too big for them.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
One thing to be careful of when using an adapter for your headphones is that you don't leave the adapter in the keyboard and just unplug the headphones from the adapter, as that will cut off the sound to the speakers. Unplug the adapter with the headphones still plugged into it, then unplug the headphones from the adapter if you want to use them with something that takes the smaller plug, such as your computer.

Ask a Question