Vintage Casiotone M-10 repair

Reaction score
I recently bought a vintage (1980) Casio M-10 keyboard. It is in very good cosmetic condition. All the keys work, clean battery compartment, vibrato switch, on/off switch and volume slider all work. There is a slider for 4 preset tones: piano-violin-flute-organ. Only the flute tone works no matter what preset is selected. I tried sticking a metal object like a knife down in the slot where the slider is and was able to cause the other tones to play. However, once I shut it off and turned it back on only the flute would play.

Has anyone had a similar problem and were you able to resolve it? I know this model is fairly popular with those who are into circuit bending. Perhaps their knowledge of small electronics could easily solve this problem?

Thanks,

George

Reaction score
Hello. I have seen that several of these devices fail in the same way. I do not know how to fix it, but if you aren´t interested as this, I would be willing to buy it. , I have much interest in listening it. Still, good luck and you get it. Thanks!!!

Ask a Question