What are you listening to right now?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I remember both of those tunes Ray.

Here's another psychedelic rock song you might remember.

Biggles >>> Weren't the Yardbirds an incubator for a lot of famous names, sort of like Derek And The Dominos?

EDIT >>> Yep. Clapton, Page and Beck.. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Yardbirds

And Ray? No way in hell I'd want to be 16 again. Who the hell needs to be that awkward and ignorant? :D :D :D

Gary ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Gary.

Yes the Yardbirds had serious influence as what they played was certainly different and incorporated a lot of blues inspired material.

A guy called Keith Relf was the lead singer but sadly he got electrocuted on stage when he got hold of a microphone that had mains voltage applied to it.

One of the most influential guys in the UK to other musicians is called John Mayall, anyone who is anyone has played in his Bluesbreakers Band, check out on Wiki

Here is JM with Buddy Whittingham and the late great Gary Moore.

Ps
JM is still touring despite being 84 and he was awesome when we saw him in concert last year, Buddy Whittingham did the warm up and played in the Bluesbreakers with JM

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I have watched all of that John Mayall concert Col. I may have posted one of the clips here previously. A fantastic performer indeed. A Blues legend! I owned one or two of his LP's too. I found the concert you posted accidently a few months ago when I was searching for Gary Moore clips.
Unbelievable . . He is in his 80's:eek:

The Yardbirds were a thrilling act too in their day. I loved . . I'm a man ; give me some lovin; dazed and confused; these ones come to mind. I think I need to listen again to these . .
'scuse me awhile . . Just gonna play a few yardbird tracks.
Ray
Oh . Btw Gary . . The Weird Al clips were great. Lol.

Reaction score
I have watched all of that John Mayall concert Col. I may have posted one of the clips here previously. A fantastic performer indeed. A Blues legend! I owned one or two of his LP's too. I found the concert you posted accidently a few months ago when I was searching for Gary Moore clips.
Unbelievable . . He is in his 80's:eek:

The Yardbirds were a thrilling act too in their day. I loved . . I'm a man ; give me some lovin; dazed and confused; these ones come to mind. I think I need to listen again to these . .
'scuse me awhile . . Just gonna play a few yardbird tracks.
Ray
Oh . Btw Gary . . The Weird Al clips were great. Lol.

Ray
To set the scene of his Concert.

The Grand Theatre in Blackpool is owned and run by a charity where all the people involved in its operation do so out of love for the Theatre. It hold 1000 people but self limits to about 700, its small cramped, atmospheric and typical of what a theatre would be like in the late Victorian era of about 1900

P1060589.JPG

We walked into the theatre and right there in the entrance behind the merchandising desk was a solitary figure, John Mayall himself, selling his wares.

At the break, he was there again.

After the concert he was there again, I still cannot work out how an 84 year old who had just been on stage for 90 minutes could get from the stage to the entrance foyer so quickly, needless to say I now have a CD signed by the man himself.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I listened to the new album from the Arctic Monkeys this morning, not sure what I think of it yet...

Also had some friends round over the weekend and I introduced them to Scary Pockets, they all loved it :D

Reaction score
Just been watching an episode of Westworld (season 2 ep 5) where the music played over the scene was a rather unusual version of one of my favourite Stones tracks.

Reaction score
We went into Manchester to see Runrig in concert.

The City was buzzing with people, Demi Lovato was in concert at the Arena ( no idea who she is)

Billy Joel was also performing at one of the Football grounds (I’ll wait for the video, paying a lot of money to watch a giant screen because the stage is in another County is not my idea of fun)

Anyway enjoy Runrig and their lead singer, from Cape Berton in Canadia Bruce Guthro.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score

Ask a Question