What are you listening to right now?

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
Gary . .
Great selection of Stones numbers. "2000 light years" was once a 45 I bought with pocket money. I remember it was the B side of "She's a Rainbow".

This one is for you Gary. (Others as well) This is my absolute Tommy Emmanuel favorite.

Incredible talent. He made it to the worldwide stage so I am surprised Canada may not have caught him.

Anyway let's know what you think.

Ray

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Ray.

Brought a tear to my eye, my Wife to be made her entrance down a long flight of stairs into to our wedding ceremony to Concerto de Aranjuez but the Carlos Bonnell version

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sorry Ray... The only imagery that Spanish guitar evokes for me is Clint Eastwood in a dirty poncho about to blow up the Mexican army :D

To me it just sounds like yet another spaghetti western soundtrack from the 70's :D

Just not my bag man :)

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Loving the Classical Gas Biggles.

I remember rocking out to my crappy 2 inch transistor radio riding the bus to elementary school when that one came out.

Thanks for the memories...

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Great choices Gary, especially Dead Mans Curve but I do prefer the Jan and Dean version.

The ultimate and the song that supposedly put the Heavy into Heavy Metal
The first of a great trio of vids with the same theme
Poor quality vid but the song reminds me of my Mother who drove her car exactly as in the song.
Talking Heads
One of my favourite

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
All good . . . The last dozen tunes from biggles, happyrat and becky. Thanks guys . . Some good memories.

The stand out for me in that lot is the "Summertime" cover. A pretty cool funky sound and the sexy vocal :rolleyes:
Love that voice of the red haired singer.

Ray

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
One of my favs from when I was adolescent .lol.
Have not heard this for about 40 years. Somehow it arrived on my youtube page of searches. I once owned the 45. I loved this tune then in 69 and still love it today.

Who remembers this?

Ray

Reaction score
One of my favs from when I was adolescent .lol.
Have not heard this for about 40 years. Somehow it arrived on my youtube page of searches. I once owned the 45. I loved this tune then in 69 and still love it today.

Who remembers this?

Ray

Alas for these guys, they did not stand a chance in the UK, Hendrix was all conquering.

Ask a Question