What are you listening to right now?

Reaction score
The first two minutes of the song was recorded using just an iPad (with apps, and as a midi-controller)
RnL & Jordan Rudess

If you appreciate tight music with great chord progressions and a beautifull sound, check out more of Project RnL @ Youtube :) They come from Israel (apart from Jordan obviously.. :))

Reaction score
Hej Travst,
Spencer Davis of Spencer Davis Group had the wish to record a German-speaking song, because he had studied german language in Berlin. This cry for help was supported by approx. 5000 Bravo! (german teen magazine) readers and then thus was played and got the title ' Det war in Schöneberg' in 1966 and appeared in January, 1967. Of course this song completely protrudes from the musical direction, but the backside ' Stevies Grooving ', an instrumental piece, with the young Steve Winwood in the Hammondorgel, nevertheless, pointed very clearly what musical potential was in still the very young musician at that time already.

Reaction score
Thought this topic could do with a bump!

I love Hugh Laurie's music. As well as being an actor and musician he has also written a fiction book called The Gun Seller - it's really good! Some people are just sickeningly talented!

Reaction score
I read The Gun Seller earlier this year, its a great read.

Currently listening to :-

Reaction score
Good stuff, just what I needed on a Monday morning :D

I was listening to this cover earlier - London Grammar doing Wrecking Ball (I'm not a fan of Miley Cyrus, but love this cover!)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I subscribe to Lindsey Stirling among other artists on youtube and here's her latest that showed up in my inbox today.

She plays violin in a neo classical dubstep style.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Wakeman surprised me when he went from Six Wives of Henry the 8th to an ELP riff in that video.

Today I received a cover of Taylor Swift's Shake it Out by Walk Off the Earth in my inbox. They're a Canadian band I've been following ever since their first video went viral on youtube. It was 5 people covering Gotye's Somebody that I used to Know on a single guitar.

They're definitely worth following on youtube. They do a lot of original stuff as well as popular covers and their videos are brilliantly staged.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
That boy in the black shirt is one serious picker. He could give Roy Clark a run for his money :)

Much as I enjoy buegrass guitar and banjo I've never been much good with fretted instruments. The fingers on my left hand don't callous, they bleed :p

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Wakeman surprised me when he went from Six Wives of Henry the 8th to an ELP riff in that video.

If you're referring to the part that had a sort of Old West honky-tonk piano sound, I'm pretty sure that was from Six Wives. But yes, it did sound like something Keith Emerson might toss in while playing The Sheriff/Jeremy Bender.

Ask a Question