What Keyboard is This?

Reaction score
Hello,
This is my first post here, but I have been completely stuck trying to find out what keyboard Rod Argent is playing in God Gave Rock 'n' Roll to You on top of his Hammond. If anyone knows what sort of keyboard it is so I can try and find a close sound on my Juno Gi, or if anyone knows any VSTs/samples that mimic this keyboard then that would be a bonus! I'm sure it won't take long for someone far more experienced in this field than me to tell me what it is. It seems to have the keys like a Mellotron, but it can't be one of those I don't think.

Thanks!

Reaction score
I've been scratching my head on this one, but I think it is probably some variation of a Hohner pianet, with the upper cover removed and installed into a custom road case to sit on top of the B3. I've gigged with a mellotron and an orchestron back around that same time and based on the keys, sound, and shape, it definately isn't either of those. Argent is known for using the Hohners so that seems to be the most likely intreptation of what we see there. Don

Ask a Question