What Keyboard

Reaction score
I currently have a Yamaha HS6 two manual and pedal organ, which whilst keeping, I need something more portable to carry around.

I don't want a synth as I'm not into editing etc.

Ideally it would be as close to the HS6 as possible and would have the following:
  • Ability have several instruments combined or split and to be able to turn individual instruments on or off on the fly
  • Be able to add effects such as Chorus, Sustain etc on the fly
  • Have midi in and out ( I believe that most of the Yamaha home keyboards don't have this except by USB )
  • Have built in Rhythm generator, fill in etc
  • Have good Accoustic Piano, Electric piano, Organ & Strings
  • Ideally would need to be able to use my Midi pedalboard, and assign a bass instrument on a different midi channel to the keyboard
All of these are possible on the HS6, but I've yet to find a keyboard that meets the requirements. I don't mind if I have to buy an older secondhand keyboard if it meets the requirements.

Budget is about £500

Regards
Dave

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, it's a possibility

I had resigned myself to the fact that I wouldn't get all I wanted and maybe a synth might be needed. The Yamaha MO6 looks the closest to what I want. Whilst not giving the ability to turn individual voices on and off on the fly, it has volume sliders for them, which I guess is in some ways better. That said, it's only 4 voices per performance, my old Korg X5D did 8 and I cannot afford to go to the Motif series.

Reaction score
hehe you can always buy a Korg Oasys ;-) or else I agree with RotorOnTop Nord electro is the perfect synth but you won't get any nord with 500 £ I'm afraid...or else I would brought one my self =D

Ask a Question