Whats a good keyboard around $300?

Reaction score
Try specifying it a little more, like what are you exactly looking for in a keyboard?... weigthed keys, a huge amount of sounds, good editing capabilities, high quality sounds, a good sequencer?

Give us some more facts to work with ;)

<<Gratwhol>>

Reaction score
im really new to keyboards so i dont really know what to expect....

im i want to be able to hook it up to a computer and be able to record..and i dont know..is it possible to hook up any keyboard to a computer and be able to make beats or do u need some kind of special type of keyboard...

Reaction score
If you want to use music programs on your computer, for example Fruity Loops (google it, it is for composing songs on your pc) you want a keyboard with General Midi on it. Otherwise if you just want to record from it you can get an adapter to go from the output on the keyboard to the input on the back of your computer, I have one. Just make sure your keyboard is prepared to plug into an Amp/headphones first.

Reaction score
Keyboard for Dub's

Hello There

I've got simillar question: What's a fairly good keyboard for making DUB music up to 200 pounds, mor less 300$?, I' want to conect it to the PC and record that music it in Pro Tools later on, I think what I need for now is a nice Piano and drums efect.

Please help

Thanx in advance

Peace!

Reaction score
U should look at M-Audio Midi controllers. they're really good quality and many of their models are under $200 (Axiom25 $179 - Oxygen 8v2 $120 - Keyrig25 $99).

Reaction score
im really new to keyboards so i dont really know what to expect....

im i want to be able to hook it up to a computer and be able to record..and i dont know..is it possible to hook up any keyboard to a computer and be able to make beats or do u need some kind of special type of keyboard...

Basically you can get either whats called a "MIDI controller" or a standard synthesizer.

the difference is with a controller, it doesn't have any sounds actually built into it (e.g. if you plugged it into an amp you wouldn't hear anything), it essentially "controls" sounds that is in software that you can buy [Apple Pro Logic, Ableton Live, Cubase, etc.]. With a synthesizer, you can plug it right into an amp but its also usually much more expensive... heres the comparo.

Pro synth: Korg M3 - $2500+
Good synth (budget synth btw): Korg R3 - $550 (I currently own this and its great)

Top-of the line controller: Akai MPK49 - $440 i think
Much cheaper controller: M-Audio Axiom25 - $179
Cheapest I've seen: M-Audio KeyRig25 - $99

now... the thing with controllers is, no matter which one you get it will still sound the same. how it sounds really just depends on what program you get.

hope this helped

Ask a Question