XK1 volume for different presets

Reaction score
I have an XK1 and some of the presets give me a significant higher volume than I can get by simply adjusting drawbars to tweak other presets to the sound I want. Are there adjustments buried in the menus that will allow me to boost the volume? I play through a Leslie and would like to be able to get more volume out of any given sound.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Take a look at pages 24 to 25 of your manual. It explains how to tweak your presets to a desired sound and add effects.

Particularly look at the overdrive effect. Basically I think that's what you are looking for.

http://www.suzuki-music.co.jp/en/pdf/xk_1.pdf

Otherwise you also have the EQ settings but I don't think those can be saved with the presets.

Gary ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
The volume differences are do to the drawbars settings used in the preset values. 888000000 will be twice as loud as 444000000. Each one of the presets has varying degrees of settings. Gospel settings like 800000008 will have a much quieter volume than 888888888. There is no volume adjustment to get them all to be the same other than to increasing/decreasing the volume knob on the XK1 or increasing/decreasing the expression pedal (if you are using one). This is how a hammond works and the XK1 emulates that.

If you feel the overall output of the instrument is inadequate even with the volume knob on the XK1 set to maximum then I would put a mixer in between the XK1 and the amplifier that you are using. I have to do this with my ELX112P. The speaker needs an input boost in order for it to be driven to the proper level. I use an Rolls MX28, only slightly bigger than a cigarette pack but provides a 20db gain on the signal which the ELX112P needs in order to be loud enough in a band situation.

Last edited:

Ask a Question