Yamaha DGX 505 question

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha DGX 505 and have been wanting a B3 sound. I have finally saved up enough to get something and am looking to get a Roland VK-8m to hook on to this keyboard. Well....... something dawned on me today..... how do I connect it to this keyboard ?? I have never thought about it, but this keyboard doesn't have a midi out. Is there any way I can use the Roland VK-m with my DGX 505 ?
Thanks for any help and advice. :)

Reaction score
If the Yamaha doesn't have MIDI OUT, then no, you can't use it with anything else in general. If the Yamaha does support MIDI out via USB into your computer, you might be able to use computer software to reroute the MIDI signal, but that's obviously not for live playing. I'd be surprised if your Yamaha did send MIDI over USB but didn't have a MIDI OUT port, so more than likely, there's nothing you can do.

Reaction score
thanks

Thank you for the reply. :)
As I figured.......I'm out of luck. Guess I'll have to upgrade my keyboard or go some other route.

Ask a Question