Yamaha motif racks

Reaction score
Hey.

In my search of a yamaha motif, I've seen the term "rack" repeatedly, for example yamaha motif es rack. From what I've understood, they are tone generators that you can add to a keyboard, meaning you can add a yamaha motif es rack to any yamaha motif es keyboard.

Is it necessary with a rack for the keyboard to function properly? Or are they just some sort of expansion to the voices and options of the keyboard?

And these racks aren't exactly cheap, so would you recommend me getting one? If so, why?

<<Gratwhol>>

Reaction score
That would be redundant....the yamaha motif es rack IS the yamaha motif es keyboard without the sequencer, sampling and the keys of course.....the SOUNDS are exactly the same in the rack and the es.....but if you had say,,,,,another keyboard like a roland or a korg a rack module such as the motif es rack would be a nice compliment to your rig......I own one....the sounds are great!

Keyplayer

Ask a Question