Yamaha P-80 (working) value?

Reaction score
Accidentally, I came across a used Yamaha P-80 stage piano close to my home place. AFAIK and could research, it is a 1999 model that used to be offered for 2000 DM (~1000€/$) when new.

From what I read, the GH mechanism/keybed has its problems and can develop sticky or even broken keys. Also, the sounds might be somewhat dated, and it predates USB (has a rather uncommon to me serial PC connection instead).
The owner told me it's working fine, with some caveat of the keys being rather 'loud' and the whole action on the heavier side, both of which seems to be typical for this model. I'll have to take his word for this. Unfortunately, I can't take a look at it before buying, since I'm not there atm and when I return, he'll already have moved to another city. But I can send someone there to pick it up for me.

Now to my question: Neither the owner nor me have a good idea what would be a fair price for the piano. From the photos he sent me, it looks in good shape, and he says he's only used it at home for practicing. I cannot find any prices for completed sales in my country on fleabay, only some "offer accepted" without disclosure of the final price. At least those sales indicate a <170€ price.

People familiar with this model: How much do you think it's worth today (condition as described)?
My gut feeling would be about 100$/€ (max).
Would you agree or valuate it differently?

TIA

Reaction score
Which seem to match my initial thought (€100 max) almost exactly.
Thanks.

Still open for other suggestions, though. The "max" part is still somewhat vague (although not very significantly).

Ask a Question