Yamaha P115B

Reaction score
Just bought a P115B and it has two headphone sockets but when I insert headphones into each socket I have to manually turn off the speakers it doesn't automatically switch. Also the sound is quite low through the headphones even though the volume is at maximum and the sounds are only heard in one ear on both headphones and not in stereo. Has anyone come across this before/know how to fix this?

Thanks

Fred Coulter

Collector of ancient keyboards
Reaction score
interesting. The manual says that plugging in headphones cuts out the speakers. If you don't have a manual, you might want to download and print it out. It's available on this page: http://download.yamaha.com/search/p...maha.com&category_id=16086&product_id=2036596

There are some volume settings discussed on page 23. Also, are you sure you're connecting it properly? It has both headphone and auxiliary outputs. There are troubleshooting tips on page 25.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If the sound is coming from only one side of the headphones, the first thing that comes to mind is that either there's a problem with one side of the headphones, or there's a problem with the headphones plug. Are you plugging directly into the jack, or are you having to use an adapter so you can plug headphones with a 1/8" plug into a 1/4" jack? If you're using an adapter, make sure it's stereo (TRS), not mono (TS).

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
There you go! Simple fix.
Good work John. We need you as it seems! Hooray for John!
Psst . . I also have a Yamaha (psr s650) I struggle with some functions. I am being nice to you now 'cause one day I am going to ask your help ;)
Promoting John to the front line!

Ask a Question