Yamaha psr e333

Reaction score
I recently purchased this board. I have tried resetting it, but its of no use.
how do I save my settings, ie, every time I switch the board on and adjust my instruments it reverts back to the normal settings, when I switched it off or if I changed instrument.
Thanks

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I was going to say that you'll need to save your settings to a registration, but looking at the manual I don't see any references to registration memory! There are a few parameter settings that get saved in backup memory, such as the tuning, split point, touch sensitivity, style volume, and a few others-- see the manual for a full list. But there's no way to save your voice settings and other parameters that are usually saved in registrations, as that ability wasn't added to the PSR-E3xx models until the PSR-E343. :(

The only option I can see is to
(1) connect your PSR-E333 to your computer via USB;
(2) use the InitSend function to transmit and save the MIDI data for your panel settings on your computer;
(3) transmit the saved data back to your keyboard when you want to restore the panel settings;
(4) turn off the Local function on your keyboard; and
(5) use a DAW or other MIDI router utility to echo the MIDI data coming from your keyboard back to itself.

That would mean your keyboard would need to stay connected to your computer while you play, but it also opens up other exciting possibilities, such as being able to edit the MIDI data in your saved settings to add messages for changing things like the EG attack/release times and the LPF cutoff/resonance settings of the voices to make them sound totally different.

Ask a Question