Yamaha psr e353 A and Eb keys not responding in all octaves

Reaction score
When I play the A and Eb keys they don't respond and when they respond they are usually too loud or out of key I'm suspecting weather coz its too hot and my friend's keyboard is doing the same ..... I'm in China by the way

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
If the 353 needs a repair, you may want to sum up repair cost vs. Update. I think the 353 may have run its time.

The 353 is just a cheap beginners model and may not be worth paying a repair bill.

In the mean time . . There may be some grit or fluff under the keys causing the anomaly. Try vacuuming over the keys see if you might dislodge some foreign objects like dust or grit. Or maybe humidity is causing the problem. Try a hair dryer to blow away or dry up the moisture.

Just some simple thoughts. Good luck with it. Or maybe save up some chinese dollars for a newer model.
Ray

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The ElektroTanya site doesn't have the Service Manual for the PSR-E353, but the Service Manual for the PSR-E333 should apply to some degree:

https://elektrotanya.com/showresult?what=yamaha psr e333&kategoria=&kat2=all

I don't know how helpful it might be, but it might not be a bad idea to have it on hand for reference.

These guys claim to have the Service Manual for the PSR-E353, plus many replacement parts for it, but the manual is not free:

http://www.keyboardkountry.com/yamaha-psr-e353-service-manual/

There are videos on YouTube showing people opening up a keyboard, taking the key assembly apart, cleaning everything thoroughly, replacing any damaged or worn contacts, etc., and then reassembling it. The following video is specifically about repairing the keys on the PSR-E353:

Reaction score
When I play the A and Eb keys they don't respond and when they respond they are usually too loud or out of key I'm suspecting weather coz its too hot and my friend's keyboard is doing the same ..... I'm in China by the way
We have the same problem...

Ask a Question