Yamaha PSR E443 query

Reaction score
I'm using yamaha PSR E443 keyboard. I want to know how save new beats by using pandrive to keyboard and once save how take save files or beats. Pls advice

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
By "beats" do you mean auto-accompaniment styles, or just song files? And are you wanting to create your own, or just load ones that are already created?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If you have an external style file that you want to use on your PSR-E443, you can either transfer it into the keyboard's internal RAM with the Yamaha MusicSoft program, or copy it onto a USB flash drive and plug the flash drive into the keyboard's "USB TO DEVICE" port. Note that if you copy the style file onto a USB flash drive, it must be placed in the drive's root directory, not inside a folder.

Once the style file is available to your keyboard via one of the above two options, you still won't be able to use the style until you "load" it. The PSR-E443 lets you load up to five external styles as "user styles," as described on page 61 of the Owner's Manual.

Once you've loaded an external style as a user style, you can play with it by pressing the Style button and selecting style number 201, 202, 203, 204, or 205. (This specifically applies to the PSR-E443, as other models will be different with regard to how many user styles can be loaded and what their numbers will be.)

The Owner's Manual contains two sections about playing with an auto-accompaniment style-- one section begins on page 23 and the other begins on page 44. Note that you can change the style's tempo, as well as toggle its tracks on and off, but you can't change the voices used within the style.

If you wish, you can select a style, choose which section you want it to start with (Main A, Main B, Intro A, or Intro B), toggle its tracks on and off as desired, and set its tempo, then save those settings to one of the registration memories. Then you'll be able to instantly recall those settings by recalling that registration.

There are a couple of additional points to keep in mind when using a user style.

First of all, when you select a style and save its settings in a registration, or when you record a user song using a style, the keyboard remembers the number of the selected style rather than its name. Therefore if you save a registration or record a user song using a particular user style-- e.g., style 201-- but later you load a different style file to that particular user style number, recalling the registration or playing back the user song will result in the "new" style being used rather than the "old" style.

And secondly, when you save a user file it will save the current user styles, user songs, and user settings (i.e., registrations). Therefore if you load specific style files that you want to use, but then afterward you load a user file that you'd saved, you'll end up with the user styles that were saved in the user file, not the user styles you'd loaded just prior to loading the user file.

As for user songs, note that once you've converted a user song into a standard MIDI file (or SMF), any style you'd used when recording the user song will be written out to the SMF, allowing you to play back the SMF correctly without needing to have a particular style file loaded to a particular user style number.

Ask a Question