Yamaha PSR-EW410 or Casio WK-7600 ?

Reaction score
Exactly! After all, how many voices do you use on the typical gig? a dozen maybe? I kept a "cheat" list with the main voices ... tap "Enter", "512" and play the steel drum solo, tap the Piano to return to the song. So easy, and fool proof -- instead of spinning that stupid wheel while squinting trying to see the names rush by! Only someone who doesn't play music would design a system like that. They're engineers, not musicians.

That is precisely why every Yamaha that I have played soon ends up with me walking away from it, far to many long lists and menu's to go through to get what you want.

Roland and Korg are much superior in that they are easier to navigate and in the case of Korg far quicker to call up precisely the Instrument/Style etc that you want.

With a Korg PA live play is simple. Each Style that you are going to use for a specific Song is saved to the Songbook where it is customised to precisely to suit the song, then once the song is again saved everything is saved with it. Call up the Style again in Style mode and it is unchanged but call up the Song in Songbook mode and all the changes you made are there. You do this for each song and save it, it is a one time task and your Songbook grows, from the Songbook you can create a Setlist for the Gig then there they are,a STS gives you the Song and again another STS and you move on to the next Song.

A system designed by Engineers who also play.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The Yamaha models have a similar sort of feature called Music Finder, or called Music Database on the entry-level arrangers, although the PSR-E463 and PSR-EW410 no longer have it.

The Music Database version of the feature has no ability to edit the entries or add new entries, which makes it less useful in my opinion. Also, the song names used in most of the preset entries are disguised or encrypted— to avoid licensing issues, perhaps? This can make it tricky to guess the popular song an entry is supposed to be for.

The Music Finder version that’s on the PSR-S and Tyros arrangers lets you edit the settings in each entry and add new entries to the database, which makes it vastly more useful. The song names used in most of the preset entries are still disguised or encrypted, but you can import a version of the database with the proper song names.

I’m not sure without looking it up, but I think the Genos might refer to this feature as a songbook, or song list, or something like that.

Reaction score
Had a very busy week so only just had time to unpack the FA-08 yesterday and set it up on the stand. Keys feel amazing, they remind of my acoustic Yamaha I had all those years ago. Can't wait to get into it and play some music.
Will keep you posted but give me some time, I'm in the process of moving so lots to do ;)

Reaction score
With a Korg PA live play is simple. Each Style that you are going to use for a specific Song is saved to the Songbook where it is customised to precisely to suit the song, then once the song is again saved everything is saved with it.

Thanks for that ... I'm now looking at the Korg PA videos, and it looks very cool. The 61 is about the only one I could afford.

Reaction score
Thanks for that ... I'm now looking at the Korg PA videos, and it looks very cool. The 61 is about the only one I could afford.

Do checkout the same Video Manual series on the Korg Kross 2, this synth/workstation has similar features as the Roland Juno DS 61 which is also well worth also considering, like a Korg Roland has tutorial videos on YouTube but theirs are listed as Product Support.

The Kross 2 (or Juno DS) would need powered speakers or a small Amp in addition to the keyboard but even then the combined cost would be way less than a PA700

Hats off to these two manufacturers for producing these get you started video guides, they certainly helped me buy me viewing them a few times before I went into the shop to play them and once in shop I had a good idea of navigating the menu systems of each keyboard.

Reaction score
I've had Casio WK 7500, almost the same with 7600.

Excellent instrument. The sequencer is fantastic, and you can find some rhythms around to load them ( 100 user)

Sounds are l good value for the money, some 10-15 are very good.

For the best sonic experience you should upgrade the budget and target Roland BK3 or Korg PA 300.

P.S. Casio works fine with Garage band and many other apps on IPAD.

Ask a Question