A question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I posted this on the 'midi' section too, but I'm not exactly sure if thats what I'm looking for...

Hello, This may sound like a dumb question, but I have been looking online all day & can't find an answer. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Basically, I use a lot of old keyboards/synths in my band(mostly old Casios etc)
I was wondering if there was a way that i could record all the sounds/voices off all the keyboards I am using for any given show on to one keyboard(which I'm guessing would be midi)
If this is possible, would I have to use a laptop on stage?
I looked in to the Korg Microsampler, which looked promising, but from what I can find out doesn't have much memory.
In short, I am looking for a way to cut down on the amount of gear I have to carry to shows, but still have the same sounds. As much as I love my old crummy keyboards, it is a bit of a nightmare having to lug them about & plug them all in & out( I only have a 6 channel mixer).
If anyone has a solution please let me know.
Thanks.
RM

Reaction score
A 'simple' way is to record the music from the various instruments as WAV. Mix them to your liking in a WAV editor. Transfer them to MP3 if you want. Put the files on a laptop, feed Line Out into your soundsystem. Use the files as backing tracks and play the part you like on the instruments you do want to take out for the party. The rest of the gear you leave home.
That way you keep the sound from the original instruments. Doing it in midi only the sound of the used midi instrument for playing it back will be used and that is most likely not always the sound you want to hear.

A bit of work but when it's done it's done.
I need a coffee now.:)
DickR

The Y_man

Reaction score
Posting the same question in multiple places can cuase issue for you (you have to track 2 places) and for others seeking information in the future - because the threads may have different (but very valuable) informaiton in them, but not in the "one place".

The Y-man

The Y_man

Reaction score
Another possibility might be to use various virtual synths that emulate the old keyboards on a laptop, and using a midi controller keyboard.

The Y-man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question