About that sustain....

Reaction score
Hello,

I am fairly new to playing and have a Y. DGX-660. When it comes to sustain, striking C and holding without pedal gets a sustain of 5 counts. With pedal down, a count of maybe six or a weak seven. Is this normal sustain for a digital piano?

Thx,

Reaction score
The pedal is equivalent to you holding down the note. If you strike a note and hold it down with your finger it is the equivalent to striking the key holding the pedal and releasing the key. The decay time would be identical. The quality/size of the sample employed on a digital piano varies from model to model so I'm not sure what the 'standard' or industry average is for digital pianos; a real piano is probably 15 seconds around middle C and most likely more as you go down the keyboard. As a reaction to your question it would appear that 7 seconds seems light. The DGX-660 is not what I would consider to be a high-end digital piano.

Ask a Question