Add synth to rig?

Reaction score
Hello, I am a beginner keyboard player, though I do play in a rock band. We play a variety of music, though its almost all guitar-based rock in one form or another (classic rock, progressive rock, heavy rock...). I have a Nord Electro which I love, and find that either a Rhodes or organ sound works well on most of our songs. Lately I am thinking of adding a Mopho keyboard, however, and wanted to get some opinions. Pro's: Would add another sound set to my playing, and hopefully the fun factor would get me playing and practicing more. Con's: I really need to learn to play the instrument I have before adding more stuff, and I'm not sure how it would fit into our songs. I love how the Who uses synth, but hate how Van Halen does. Any opinions? Would it be a fun, interesting way to spur more practicing and fill out our sound, or just a waste of money and a diversion?

Ask a Question