Amp or mini PA?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am looking to set up a monitor "system" for my keyboards when I'm on stage. I'm playing mainly bars and parties right now. I use 2 keyboards for controllers and sounds with a Mac Book Pro for additional sound software (mostly Komplete 10).
I need to decide if I want to use a keyboard amp or a mini PA for on stage. I will be patched thru the bands mixer to go thru the mains, but I also need a "system" to hear myself.

Right now I use a cheap old guitar amp, so this has to go...but I'm not sure what I should replace it with.

If anyone has any recommendations, ideas or what you use I would appreciate any input.

Thanks,
88keez

Reaction score
I like to use one DB opera 510 powered speaker for live monitoring or patch in-ears out of my line mixer for live usage. Keep in mind that if you use in-ears in that manner you can only use one ear for that so that you can hear the rest of the band as well so the single powered speaker is often a better option

Ask a Question