Amp recommendation as well as other things that I would like a second opinion on.

Reaction score
Well let me lay it out for you. I am a solo singer/songwriter who about 2 years ago picked up playing that piano as a second instrument after guitar (which I am not quite fluent in playing). I currently own a digital piano that has been discontinued (Benjamin Adams DPB800) Needless to say, it's not cutting it for me at all in terms of sound quality. I've narrowed it down and I'm almost 100% set on my new purchase being the Yamaha MX-61. One of my problems with this is, I have a friend who owns a PSR-433 and I think in comparison they both sound almost equally good which is strange because of the difference in price. Regardless I know the MX61 is superior and will end up going with that in the end. HERES THE REAL PROBLEM. the amplifier! This is something I've never had to really worry about dealing with my current set up or the PSR-433 due to the built it speakers. I want to buy an amplifier that will be able to produce the quality the MX-61 is capable of putting out. I don't plan on gigging with this amp. I just want to use it in my room and sing overtop with my microphone. I've been looking into the Roland KC-60 but I can't help but to shake the feeling there is something better out there. Please help because this is all driving me crazy. I cant spend more than $350 on the amp because the $700 MX-61 is already breaking the bank for me. Sound quality is very important to me and I want to make the right purchase. One that could last me a lifetime.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I do 100% agree with both options mentioned above for home use. It is the set up I use myself. I mix two Yamaha keyboards and a microphone (and a CD-Player) into a small Behringer 802 mixer. It gives the option to adjust about anything you want.

Ask a Question