Best Monitor Speakers for Keyboards

Reaction score
Well i am about to turn on. I just wanted to know that nothing is going to blow before i do so lol
a1.jpg

Reaction score
HINT : Quick Start Guide...

Gary ;)
Thanks, i have been reading the manual. The EQ seems to be working the monitors as i can hear it get louder when i increase the volume on the EQ but there are no sounds coming from the keyboards. I might have a few connections wrong between my montage as i have two leads coming from the Genos into the mixer but just a single Stereo Male to Dual 1/4
A1.png

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Here's a shot of my mixer.

mixer-2.jpg

The black cables on the right connect to my monitors. The RCA cables immediately left of those connect to my PC soundcard inputs. All of the other cables are connected to various keyboard outputs.

Now you should connect the inputs of the EQ unit to the Monitor Outs on the upper right corners.

You should connect the outputs of the EQ to the inputs of your subwoofer.

You should not be using 3.5 mm splitter cables anywhere at all on your rig.

Your Yamaha mixer needs a few buttons pushed and knobs twirled before it will output any sound.

It ships at zero volumes from the factory.

I don't know what else I can advise on for now.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Again I refer you to this diagram.

montage-mixer-jpg.1195

Take note of the directional arrows for the signal paths.

Outputs always connect to inputs.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
First thing I notice is that you have nothing plugged into the xlr outs or the 1/4" outputs on the mixer. No sound can reach your speakers then. Once that is connected, if you have your 1/4" outs from the Genos/Montage going into the mixer inputs like it looks like you do, here is what you should need to set to get sound out of it.

1. Level Gain for each stereo channel set to, say, 50%, turned up half way.
2. Main Volume (Red knob labeled "Level Stereo) set to, say, 50% (half way).

Make sure there isn't an input gain setting on the Ultragraph or something. Make sure the inputs are lined up too.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
From his photo's lack of detail I can't be sure what's connected to what on his mixer.

This is why I referred him to the Quick Start Guide and my diagram to check his hookups.

These connections are all clearly labeled but unreadable in his photo.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I can read enough of it and the blue section up top is where all the output jacks are except for USB. That's from the diagram too. I'm uploading a video to YouTube showing how I would set that up.

Reaction score
First thing I notice is that you have nothing plugged into the xlr outs or the 1/4" outputs on the mixer. No sound can reach your speakers then. Once that is connected, if you have your 1/4" outs from the Genos/Montage going into the mixer inputs like it looks like you do, here is what you should need to set to get sound out of it.

1. Level Gain for each stereo channel set to, say, 50%, turned up half way.
2. Main Volume (Red knob labeled "Level Stereo) set to, say, 50% (half way).

Make sure there isn't an input gain setting on the Ultragraph or something. Make sure the inputs are lined up too.
Ooh... thank you for that. This really is above me and im getting very confused

Reaction score
From his photo's lack of detail I can't be sure what's connected to what on his mixer.

This is why I referred him to the Quick Start Guide and my diagram to check his hookups.

These connections are all clearly labeled but unreadable in his photo.

Gary ;)
I put up another photo. Thank you Gary!

Reaction score
Ok, I think you're going to want to set your white knob on the end (labeled Monitor) higher. I would use the main outs instead of the monitor outs though, because the monitor outs will be in Mono I think and the mains would be stereo, which is what you would want.

Ask a Question