Best Monitor Speakers for Keyboards

Reaction score
I am getting a very little sound out of the monitors when i play the genos. Display is lighting up on the mixer and EQ when i play

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Here's a screenshot of the manual.

It shows GRAPHICALLY what connects where.

screenshot1.jpg

If I'm right you have your inputs and outputs reversed!

Bad juju!!!

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Ok, I think you're going to want to set your white knob on the end (labeled Monitor) higher. I would use the main outs instead of the monitor outs though, because the monitor outs will be in Mono I think and the mains would be stereo, which is what you would want.

There is a stereo out?

Reaction score
Yes, the XLR pair at the top right and the 1/4" pair below that are both stereo outs. Here's how I would set it up (I have a different mixer, but this is approximately what you would want):

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm worried that the only signal you are getting is crosstalk from a miswired system. MAKE DAMNSURE you have it wired up properly before you experiment with the power on.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I'm worried that the only signal you are getting is crosstalk from a miswired system. MAKE DAMNSURE you have it wired up properly before you experiment with the power on.

Gary ;)
I've never had that happen with this sort of setup, and I've made my fair share of mistakes in the past. Hopefully my video will help him.

Reaction score
Yes, the XLR pair at the top right and the 1/4" pair below that are both stereo outs. Here's how I would set it up (I have a different mixer, but this is approximately what you would want):

I really appreciate you taking the time to explain that all to me. I will have a go in a while and report back! thank you!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Now the government can use their beard-hat-sword-and-shield recognition software to track you! :eek:

For all they know I'm only one of four identical Quadruplets :p

(And the Horned Hat Is Lined With Tinfoil!!!!!)

:D :D :D

Gary ;)

Last edited:

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
So here's how I'd hook it up.

Connect the Line Outs of the Montage to Line Inputs 5/6.

Connect the Line Outs of the Genos to Line Inputs 7/8.

Connect the Stereo Outs to the EQ unit Line In.

Connect the EQ Unit Line Outs to the Subwoofer Line In.

Connect the Subwoofer Line Outs to the Satellite Monitors Line Ins.

Adjust Levels 5/6 and 7/8 to about 30 %

Adjust Main Level to about 30%

Read thru and follow steps 1 thru 13 of the Quick Start Guide in the manual.

http://shopwl.com/content/MG10 Mixing Console - Manual.pdf

Bob's yer uncle.

You should have sound.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thank you so much guys for all you help. I had dinner last night and had another go at about 9:30 and within 20 mins or so i got it all working!!. I wanted to get a set up like this for a long time but i am the worlds worst when it comes to cables ect... but with all your help i think its starting to sink in! :).

I have turned down the low range on the EQ and turned up the mid range a little. The only thing i am not sure of is what i should do with the volume settings on both keyboards. I have them both on 50% at the mo and im finding that the general sound of my set up is now much more balanced and it also seems that the tones of voices are much smoother... so far... so good!

Many MANY thank Guy!! :)

Ask a Question