Casio wk-1800

Reaction score
I can't figure out how to use the recording feature with my keyboard. I've never played one before. I'm able to record one sound, but I want to do an entire song of multiple sounds, how do I do that?

Reaction score
Start by reading through the information on Pages E-39 and E-40 of the WK-1800 manual. That information covers basic recording concepts and terms on the WK-1800. Once you feel comfortable with that, go to "To use real-time recording in Track 1" on Page E-41 and follow Steps 1 through 7 to record your first song. This will allow you to record your right hand play along with the left hand auto-accompaniment and rhythm - all pretty much at the touch of a single button. In the manuals for the newer Casio keyboards, this procedure has been termed the "Easy Record" feature. Don't worry. You can not harm or damage anything. There are no tapes or CD's to ruin. Everything is eraseable and redo-able. The most you have to lose is a little time. Then, once you feel comfortable with that, you can progress to fixing your recording errors (Punch-in Recording) and embellishing your performance with additional tracks. All of this is accomplished with the WK-1800's Song Sequencer, but you may eventually want to try your hand at recording loops with its Pattern Sequencer for creating your own accompaniment rhythms, and ultimately connecting the WK-1800 to your computer for transferring your performances to it so that you can add some professional touches to them with computer based sequencer (DAW) software, but because of the WK-1800's age you would need to invest a bit in an "adapter". For now, just concentrate on getting something useable out of the WK-1800's Song Sequencer. If you need a copy of the manual, you can download a PDF copy from here:

http://support.casio.com/en/manual/manualfile.php?cid=008002011

Last edited:

Ask a Question