Changing tempo post recording?

Reaction score
I am trying to figure out how to change the tempo of a recorded piece POST recording so it plays back in another tempo. Maybe that isn't possible?
I figured out how to do it after you start the playback but that makes for a really bad beginning. ANy help or any place you can refer me to to get direction?

Reaction score
Welcome.

It is possible but there is a but, how easy it is depends upon what is the format of the recording and where it is.

If you recorded in on your keyboard and that is where is currently resides it will help if we know the make and model of the keyboard.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you are slowing down an audio recording it will affect the frequency of the notes played.

If you are slowing down a MIDI recording then no harm no foul.

Which is it?

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. There are softwares that allow you to manipulate tempo of recorded audio without affecting pitch, and it works. "Melodyne editor" by Celemony Software will do it. I also saw a free version on line. Just be sure the free version allows saving the edited audio. YMMV Don aka B3maniac

Reaction score
I am sure the software that Don suggests works well, alas I have no experience in using it.

With the freeware Audacity I have slowed done an audio WAV file to suit a section of a Video that I was editing and I then used one of the features in Audacity to adjust the pitch back to as it was before I slowed it down.

The filter also works in reducing pitch if the clip is increased in speed.

Reaction score
I am sure the software that Don suggests works well, alas I have no experience in using it.

With the freeware Audacity I have slowed done an audio WAV file to suit a section of a Video that I was editing and I then used one of the features in Audacity to adjust the pitch back to as it was before I slowed it down.

The filter also works in reducing pitch if the clip is increased in speed.
Biggles, I second the thought of trying Audacity and seeing what it can do. Don

Reaction score
Don
My using the Audacity was a bit of trial and error as I was not unduly bothered about getting the corrected frequency spot on, more like near enough.

It was only the spoken word that I was trying to correct.

For my point of view I primarily used Audacity for its Noise Reduction feature.

Reaction score
My using the Audacity was a bit of trial and error as I was not unduly bothered about getting the corrected frequency spot on, more like near enough.

It was only the spoken word that I was trying to correct.

For my point of view I primarily used Audacity for its Noise Reduction feature.
No worries my friend.

Reaction score
I wonder if The Amazing Slowdowner would work. Back in my guitar days it helped me figure out song at slower speed without changing the pitch.

Ask a Question