Chord Book.

Reaction score
Hi Everyone, not been on in a while but need your help again, well more of a recommendation Looking for a Chord Book for a Beginner. I know there are absolutely loads out there but would prefer suggestions from someone with experience. Any help greatly appreciated.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If you have a tablet or smartphone, you might search its app store for an app that displays chords and scales. Some of them also have versions for your laptop or desktop computer. Following is one of the ones I use:

I believe the app is "free+" so you can use it indefinitely for free but will only get access to the more common chords and scales; if you want to "unlock" all of the chords and scales that it covers, they want you to buy the app.

There are a number of other similar apps, but that's the one I use most often.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
When you learn chords, you need to remember how to play them. The muscle memory does the job since in most cases the fingers automatically know where to go without looking.
This leads me to my suggestion . .
Learn Inversions! It is much easier to play inversions and the fingers do less work.
Learn from an inversion chart and pracitse these. Don't confuse yourself memorising both kinds.
R

Ask a Question