Connect keyboard to FL Studio

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am new to this forum and i have a problem.
I'm starting to produce some dance music and i thought that buying a MIDI keyboard would making dance music easier.
But i just have one cable to make the keyboard work.

My question is:
What cables do I need to make the keyboard turn on and make it work with FL Studio?
I've also made a picture of the backside of my keyboard with all the inputs.
http://imageshack.com/a/img842/6020/q6bb2.jpg

I only have a cable for the input on the left.

Thanks in advance.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You need a MIDI to USB adapter to make it work with a modern computer as well as the power adapter for the keyboard.

Buy one of these cables.

http://www.amazon.com/Generic-USB-M...d=1404154320&sr=8-3&keywords=usb+midi+adapter

and connect the 5 pin connector marked IN to the 5 pin connector on the keyboard marked OUT and connect the USB end to your computer. You can ignore the other 5 pin connector with your keyboard.

BTW, what's the make and model of your keyboard. That's a real antique you must have bought at a garage sale or somewhere.

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
BTW, that thing looks like some sort of Creative Labs MIDI Blaster type of keyboard.

It may not work at all even with the cable I listed.

That's because it's intended to work with the Joystick Port on an old 16 bit Soundblaster Card.

Worst case scenario you're out $4 for the cable but I think you'll end up having to buy something more modern, retail, for a hell of a lot more than you paid for that relic :D

Gary

Reaction score
The
You need a MIDI to USB adapter to make it work with a modern computer as well as the power adapter for the keyboard.

Buy one of these cables.

http://www.amazon.com/Generic-USB-MIDI-Converter-Electronics/dp/B003KXEDVQ/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1404154320&sr=8-3&keywords=usb midi adapter

and connect the 5 pin connector marked IN to the 5 pin connector on the keyboard marked OUT and connect the USB end to your computer. You can ignore the other 5 pin connector with your keyboard.

BTW, what's the make and model of your keyboard. That's a real antique you must have bought at a garage sale or somewhere.

Gary
The keyboard indeed is quite old. Will the cables work then?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The

The keyboard indeed is quite old. Will the cables work then?

That's anybody's guess. But my gut feeling is that it won't work without a joystick port connection which you can only find on very very very old soundcards.

I'd suggest spending a few bux and getting the novation controller I listed instead.

But if you want to experiment with the antique then by all means a USB MIDI cable is only about $4. Just don't get your hopes up.

Gary

Ask a Question