Connecting speakers

Luc

Reaction score
How can i connect my Yamaha DGX 660 with Edifier s 3000 pro speakers.

Luc

Reaction score
Hey,
Do you mean the own manual of the keyboard?
It's have max. 96 pages!!
I am from Belgium, Dutch language.
I put a 3,5mm tulp jacket / red:White, from the keyboard to the pc speakers Edifier S 3000 pro.
I shoose the outline on the keyboard, but i can not get any music out of the Edifier speakers.
(sorry of i write some words wrong in english).

Reaction score
Within the Function menu you will find a setting for the output, change it from Headphones to Line.

I looked at the English 670 manual, for a 660 it is pages 20 and 58 that refer

Luc

Reaction score
I did what you say, but it won't work.
I set the Edifier speaker also on the line set up.
I don't understand it.
1000000034.jpg
1000000035.jpg
1000000032.jpg

Reaction score
Please show us an image of the rear of your 660 showing the connection panel.

The lead in your image looks like a 3.5mm TRS stereo plug to Phono pair.

On a 660 I thought that the Auxiliary Input to the 660 is a 3.5mm socket where the Headphones/Output is a 1/4” standard stereo Jack ie a 1/4” TRS.

It should be a case of connecting correctly, turning the 660 volume to zero, enabling the Line Out, powering on the Speakers with volume at zero and both gain controls at zero.

then turn the speaker volume up to 1/4 and play a chord on the 660 and turn the 670’s volume up until sound is heard.

It is typical when connecting powered monitors for the keyboard volume control to become a Gain control, once set its fine tuned to suit.

Reaction score
Are you really using the lead in the images to connect it to your speaker?

If you are then you are having a Dumb moment.

You are connecting to the Auxiliary INPUT socket.

An INPUT socket is not an OUTPUT socket and the OUTPUT socket on your 660 is clearly labelled as such.

You need a stereo lead with a 1/4 inch ie 6mm Jack going to a Phono pair ie RCA plugs and connect it from the OUTPUT socket to your speakers.

I’m done here

In Dutch

Gebruikt u de lead in de afbeeldingen echt om deze op uw luidspreker aan te sluiten?

Als je dat bent, heb je een dom moment.

U maakt verbinding met de Auxiliary INPUT socket.

Een INPUT-aansluiting is geen OUTPUT-aansluiting en de OUTPUT-aansluiting op uw 660 is duidelijk als zodanig gelabeld.

Je hebt een stereokabel nodig met een 1/4 inch dwz 6 mm aansluiting die naar een Phono-paar gaat, dwz RCA-stekkers en deze van de OUTPUT-aansluiting op uw luidsprekers aansluit.

Ik ben hier klaar

Last edited:

Ask a Question