Considering EZ300 keyboard...

Reaction score
Considering getting a Yamaha EZ300 for my birthday... are there any other models more advanced that also support the lighted-keys?

I am concerned about playing MIDI files easily? like playing through a folder of MIDIs, will it be easy to go from one file to the next? just to play them.

Beginner level musician; just for fun and relaxation.

I also want to be certain to obtain the correct Pedal when I order the EZ300.

Thanks!

Reaction score
Welcome.

The low cost keyboards are aimed at being for young children, their build, key action and importantly the onboard instrument sounds reflect the price point of the keyboard.

If you are serious about learning then the minimum keyboards that I would suggest you consider are the Yamaha PSR E463 or Korg EK50, either of which will last you for many years.

Keyboards in this market sector and price point have 61 synth action keys, other models with acoustic piano hammer action keys have 88 keys.

Korg EX20, Yamaha DGX 670 or Casio PX S3000 all have 88 keys, a large array of onboard sounds, inbuilt amp and speakers, they are quite a bargain at about $800 US.

If you primarily want to learn to play piano then the correct hammer action keybed would serve you far better than a lesser keyboard with synth action keys.

Ask a Question