DGX 660 connecting to Tc-Helicon Perform Vk

Reaction score
Good day All,
I’m Giorgio from Italy, I was looking for a forum talking about my keyboard and I found it!
I’ve a question: I would buy a voice effect, the Tc-Helicon Perform VK, to be connected to the 660. The deveice can be connected by audio in ( to recognize the key for a correct using of harmonized) as well by MIDI. The keyboard doesn’t have the standard midi port 5 PIN DIN but only the USB, while Perform VK has a MIDI standard port. Any idea if from usb to midi port it works?
thanks for your replies!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I own a TC Helicon Voicetone Synth Vocoder and the USB MIDI works just fine.

BUT, you will have to run the Yamaha into a Computer or USB Host Device and THEN to the TC Helicon.

You cannot simply plug the two together.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Thanks Gary for swift reply. to better understand, I should connect by USB the DGX660 to a computer then with the MiDi out to the Perform VK? Without using any SW on the computer? And about the USB Host device, do you have any suggestion for a product to buy? Thanks again for the support!
giorgio

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
With the computer you use MIDI Routing Software or a DAW.

As for standalone USB MIDI Host? You're running Yamaha. They are not USB MIDI Class Compliant so I think you are out of luck. The keyboard has to be Class Compliant or it won't work.

Gary ;)

Ask a Question