Headphones...try before you buy!

Reaction score
I was still using my old pair of headphones from my previous keyboard, but now having the Korg PA600 it was time to look for a new pair. I felt that I was missing out on the various instruments: sounds couldn't really be defined. Read lots of review but I think you can only judge them when actually trying them out preferably on the same instrument. I went to the main Bax Music store in Goes, a one hour drive from where I live. I don't own a car but a very good friend of mine opted to take me there. My budget was limited to 150,- Euros. Quite a lot of money for me, but with my birthday coming up and my PSR sold for a good price.....

The guy in charge of the keyboard section was very helpful, gave good advice and did not push me to buy a certain headphone. As I had already made a list after reading lots of reviews, he unlocked them from the display ( yes, they are locked to a stainless steel wire because people still try to steal them)
Could I hook them up to the PA700 which was on display to try them out? No problem at all!! I was given the headphones of my choice and he directed me to the PA700. Take all the time you need, he said. By the way, I always use headphones because I'm not allowed to play a musical instrument in my apartment. I tried them all out with the same performance and after more than an hour I had made up my mind.
The Beyer Dynamic DT990 Pro was my choice. This is an open-ear headphone and this was a revelation to me as I could now hear the actual sounds of violins, flutes and woodwinds as they sound in an orchestra! Not to much bass, crisp but not too much, interchangeable earpads with velours covering interchangeable headband and a 3 year warranty. They are very comfortable, even after a few hours of use.
It came at a price of 130,- Euros, but is well worth it. And I don't need my headphone amplifier anymore!

Attachments

• 20210620_141508.jpg
    20210620_141508.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 40

Ask a Question