Help with new keyboard purchase

Reaction score
I'm am about to make a big purchase for a new keyboard and have been wrestling with this decision because of several keyboard options. I'm a worship leader that travels and like really good cut pianos with great reverb effects and occasionally a layered pad (not strings) and piano together. But I also want the best hammer action as possible. Here are my options on a 2,000 budget but obviously any I can save the better:

1) Korg SV-1 stage piano
2) Yamaha s90es or s90xs
3) Roland RD700sx
4) Korg Krome 88
5) Nord Piano HP (a little over my budget though )
6) Nord Electro 3 73 (not thrilled about the action on this but love the piano sound)

Thoughts? Opinions? Troubles with any of them?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Just a few more to consider (as if life is not complicated enough already ;) )

Kurzweil SP5-8

Kurzweil PC3LE8

Casio PX-5S (Don't be fooled by the name. A formidable stage piano)

Reaction score
Rather than complicating the issue with more choices, I just recommend you go to a good store that has as many of your options as possible and play them all.

:cool:

Reaction score
Try to find a Casio PX5S in stock and give it a play through some good headphones. The street price is $999, and although it's billed as a stage piano, it actually has a very powerful synth engine and can be multi-layered to create awesome sounds and effects. It only weight 24 pounds and has an extremely good keyboard to sound feel. I've owner/played all the major brands, and the PX5S is a great light weight gigging machine. YMMV Don

Ask a Question