Help with purchase!

Reaction score
Greeting and good day fellow enthusiasts! I have come here today in search of an answer to my broad questions.
I'll start this off by showing you guys what I was considering for a purchase!

http://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-YPG-23...?ie=UTF8&qid=1378180079&sr=8-3&keywords=piano

or

http://www.amazon.com/Williams-Alle...ie=UTF8&qid=1378180113&sr=8-37&keywords=piano

A little about myself, I am 19 and have very little music background. I used to play a fair amount back in high school just as a hobby. Never took lessons, can't read sheet music, so on.

I'm about to go to community college and probably going to try and take Music Theory classes to learn more about music, and to help me play piano to the point of fulfillment.

What I would like to know is are those keyboards what I should be looking for, do you have any other suggestions on something to get me started off?

Thank you all for your time! Take care.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
First question >>> What's your maximum budget?

Second question >>> Did you read the reviews posted on those links at Amazon? They will tell you far more than we can about the suitability of those keyboards. Read them all from beginning to end and then see if they are still suitable for your needs.

Gary

Reaction score
Mesjwa, have you decided on anything? I am in a very similar position - just started a theory class and finally learning to read music. I have been considering the YPG-235, and today stumbled across some Williams stuff. Weighted keys are really nice but hard to find a versatile unit with weighted keys without spending a lot of money. The YPG plays really, really nice for a non-weighted key piano.

The Y_man

Reaction score
Another thing to consider - do you really need 88 keys (or 76?)
I've been playing quite a few years, and haven't yet really needed the "keys on the ends" beyond my 67 key.... by the time you get to use them, the keyboard could be way out of date or dead....

And if you want portability, weight can be a big question too.

Ask a Question