Hi from Down Under

Reaction score
Hi All,

My name is Rafferty and I live on Australia's east coast (Queensland). I am a retired professional and have only recently commenced tormenting my wife and dog with my Yamaha PSR E453. Whilst I have a basic understanding of music (alto sax) I never until now had the time to focus on this wonderful activity.

So here I am, a retiree playing the keyboard with a lot's of enthusiasm but with a questionable amount of talent:)

Best wishes,
Rafferty

Reaction score
Welcome from the motherland.

Also a retired Pro, who took up keys late in life after years playing guitar.

Learning and playing music is a great activity, keeps the fingers dexterous and the mind (what’s left of it in my case) active.

Good choice in the E453, plenty of styles and instruments to choose from, Yamaha do not have the best manual to try to learn from but there are plenty of online resources, do check out prior posts Gary has posted some excellent resource links that you may find usefull.

https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/good-tutorial-links.24556/

Reaction score
Welcome from the motherland.

Also a retired Pro, who took up keys late in life after years playing guitar.

Learning and playing music is a great activity, keeps the fingers dexterous and the mind (what’s left of it in my case) active.

Good choice in the E453, plenty of styles and instruments to choose from, Yamaha do not have the best manual to try to learn from but there are plenty of online resources, do check out prior posts Gary has posted some excellent resource links that you may find usefull.

https://www.keyboardforums.com/threads/good-tutorial-links.24556/
Thank you for your reply. I agree, learning to play music is a great activity. I love the small incremental steps from something which initially looks hard to achieve to something that ends up as an innate response. For example just to coordinate the left and right hand proved to be a challenge. As the saying goes "practice makes perfect".

I am very much into activities that keep the mind active, since on a couple of occasions I walked from the house to the shed to pick up a tool and once in the shed forgot what I needed to pick up.

Thanks for the resources link, it makes good reading. I currently using Piano for All and mainly focus on chord progression.

Cheers,
Rafferty

Ask a Question