Hi there which one to buy

Reaction score
Hmm, listened to lots of videos on youtube and i have to say that the casio keyboards seem to sound better than the yamaha, they sound a bit sharper, i partiquarly liked the casio ctk6200, i really need some input as to what to buy, the market is really confusing for a complete novice
Hmm, listened to lots of videos on youtube and i have to say that the casio keyboards seem to sound better than the yamaha, they sound a bit sharper, i partiquarly liked the casio ctk6200, i really need some input as to what to buy, the market is really confusing for a complete novice

Reaction score
Which One to Buy?.......Where do I start? It's all about how much you need, your ability and how much do you want to spend. I started with a Yamaha keyboard for one reason - it was the only one that the store had to sell! Loved it! Two years later another model came out and the sounds were better and the price was inexpensive so I purchased that one. I used that unit (PSR-510) for about -10- years. Carried it around, did my thing and just got bored with the limitations. I spent almost another -2- years investigating every other brand of keyboard and -4- months ago I pulled the trigger once again with another Yamaha the (PSR-S950). Killer thing to do! The voices are all sampled and this means that they actually recorded all of the instruments in a studio and put them in the keyboard as digital reproductions and believe me they sound just like the real thing because they are the real thing. If you have experience with keyboards and playing you can certainly appreciated all of the potential rhythms, variations, beginnings, endings and advance features. It's like a small Tyros at only 1/3 of the cost! The piano sounds are too many to describe and the ability to save and store -8- complete banks of registrations with all the special effects included make it a no brainer. Go to "You Tube" and listen to each and every "Professional" demonstration. Don't waste your time listening to some guy who bought the unit try to play his thing for you. After exploring all of this on You Tube there a musician named Rudy Rosa from Florida who has built a wonderful keyboard bank of different brands and models. Most of everything he has played can be duplicated with the (PSR-S950) including the traditional "Leslie" speaker. I wasn't willing to throw away any more money than I needed to so that I could find exactly what was going to fit the bill of being cost effective and reasonable in my purchase. Hope you enjoy your adventure!
Wayne Johnson

Last edited:
Reaction score
Which One to Buy?.......Where do I start? It's all about how much you need, your ability and how much do you want to spend. I started with a Yamaha keyboard for one reason - it was the only one that the store had to sell! Loved it! Two years later another model came out and the sounds were better and the price was inexpensive so I purchased that one. I used that unit (PSR-510) for about -10- years. Carried it around, did my thing and just got bored with the limitations. I spent almost another -2- years investigating every other brand of keyboard and -4- months ago I pulled the trigger once again with another Yamaha the (PSR-S950). Killer thing to do! The voices are all sampled and this means that they actually recorded all of the instruments in a studio and put them in the keyboard as digital reproductions and believe me they sound just like the real thing because they are the real thing. If you have experience with keyboards and playing you can certainly appreciated all of the potential rhythms, variations, beginnings, endings and advance features. It's like a small Tyros at only 1/3 of the cost! The piano sounds are too many to describe and the ability to save and store -8- complete banks of registrations with all the special effects included make it a no brainer. Go to "You Tube" and listen to each and every "Professional" demonstration. Don't waste your time listening to some guy who bought the unit try to play his thing for you. After exploring all of this on You Tube there a musician named Rudy Rosa from Florida who has built a wonderful keyboard bank of different brands and models. Most of everything he has played can be duplicated with the (PSR-S950) including the traditional "Leslie" speaker. I wasn't willing to throw away any more money than I needed to so that I could find exactly what was going to fit the bill of being cost effective and reasonable in my purchase. Hope you enjoy your adventure!
Wayne Johnson

Ask a Question