How Do you stop layering on the Yamaha 90 ES?

Reaction score
I have a question that I hope some one might have an answer to.

I turned on my Yamaha S90Es to work on a project with a dead line of course. The only sound that came out was some choral voices. No matter what I did I could not play any other sound.

When I turned on Digital Performer and tried playing the Yam, it only played that one sound on the 1st midi channel. When I clicked the record arrow on all the rest of the 15 tracks, I was able to hear the respective selected sounds and happily no Choir sound. I looked around in the manual, but no luck.

So bottom line is there is layering on the first channel and I do not know how to stop the choir sound.

Can anyone shed any light on how to remedy this problem?

Thank you

Reaction score
Hi Gary,
Per your advice I did go to PSR , registered but kept getting a message saying my info was spam( it is not spam) and said to contact forum administrator. I looked all over and found no way to contact them to try to remedy this situation.
Do you know where on the site they have direct access to the administrators?
Thanks
Mark

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sorry Mark, I'm not a Yamaha fan myself and don't subscribe to that forum.

Perhaps if you tried registering with a new gmail account it would work?

Did you try a system reset on your board?

Gary

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
In addition to the PSR Tutorial Forum you could try the Yamaha Forums (http://www.yamahaforums.co.uk/). The PSR Tutorial Forum focuses more on the PSR and Tyros lines, whereas the Yamaha Forums seems to focus more on the synthesizer lines.

Ask a Question