I bought my synth!!

Reaction score
I am sooo psyched!! I finally went & bought my dream Keyboard/synth, a used Roland RS-50 for only 3 Bills. For a beginner like myself this is just a sweet little machine and I'm looking forward to learning everything it can do.

My only problem tonite is finding space to put it in my crowded room. (Computer, guitar, bass, amps, CDs and bed. Also there is a cat who likes to jump and walk all over things.) Is it OK to stand it on end and lean it against the wall? I know you're not supposed to do this with guitars.

Reaction score
Congrats! You can put your keyboard against the wall but it looks kinda silly... at least to me :)

Try getting a suitcase of some sort, and then putting it vertically. I do the same thing with my keyboard when there's no room for it.

Reaction score
Congrats! You can put your keyboard against the wall but it looks kinda silly... at least to me :)

Try getting a suitcase of some sort, and then putting it vertically. I do the same thing with my keyboard when there's no room for it.

Well, I was just thinking of how when I was a teenager I'd lean my guitar against the wall, and that apparently warps the neck. But since keybds don't have necks...

Plus, we had a keyboard many years ago, and the cat used to jump up on it. maybe that was why the keys stopped working?

Does it need to have a suitcase? I have it wrapped in a blanket right now.

Reaction score
Well, I was just thinking of how when I was a teenager I'd lean my guitar against the wall, and that apparently warps the neck. But since keybds don't have necks...

Plus, we had a keyboard many years ago, and the cat used to jump up on it. maybe that was why the keys stopped working?

Does it need to have a suitcase? I have it wrapped in a blanket right now.

Well, i have a blanket of some sort over my keyboard when it's in my room on a stand, but when i'm not playing I usually put it in a suitcase... You can buy even some sort of used suit case. It's cheap and it will do your keyboard only good

Reaction score
I seriously doubt leaning a guitar against a wall can warp the neck. It's elements like heat, sunlight and moisture that could possibly cause it to warp, not gravity.

If you plan to lean the keyboard against the wall and setting it up every time you play, invest in a case. Sooner or later something will happen. You could drop something, spill liquid, bump it etc... It's the same reasons for not leaning guitars against a wall, too easy to damage by accident.

Or you can try what I do, instead of leaning the keyboard against the wall, you can lean your bed against the wall! Keyboard takes priority over bed for me :p. Ok, it's just a matress, but still :p

Anyway, congrats on your purchase! I hope you have many happy hours playing.:D

Ask a Question