I need help re-creating a synth sound

Reaction score
Hello,

My band is going to be doing Foreigner's "Juke Box Hero," which has a very unique little keyboard part in it. You can here it here:

I can't tell if it's sequenced with a drum machine, or how they get the pulsating sound. In each bar, the note on the first beat slides down an octave, and then pulsates for the next three beats.

Would anyone be able to give it a listen and help me shed some light on how to re-produce the effect and the tone?

Thanks!
Lanny

Reaction score
Maybe its arpegiator? But there are a few ways to do this: Divide the keyboard into two zones and one to make a sound with fall down (very much the same sound each note to this effect) and in the other the same tone, but without fall down. Or even play a hand, using the pitch bend controller, but you need to be able to use it well.

Reaction score
Thanks, that's a great idea! I did some digging, and it appears that they sequenced that part. I'm almost positive that my drummer won't want to play with a click track, so I'll just try to work around it like you mentioned. Thanks for the help!

Ask a Question