Jv-80 midi hook up with DP 10 on a Mac

Reaction score
Need some steps to follow to Get the jv-80 to interface with digital performer multi record. I’ m having problems getting it to work properly. It would be helpful to have a step by step process such as : 1- turn on Jv-80 power switch .......2-..push the performance/ play button with the patch /play button at the same time..... 3- ........... 4-...... etc. Please help if you can, I don’t want to give up. I need to get this gear working again .Thanks so much!!!!

Reaction score
Welcome Dak.

Unfortunately a MAC is not a plug and play device like you get with Windows so frequently a bit more effort is required.

A few weeks ago I was setting up a Roland A800 on my Wife’s iMac and ran into problems but found an online tutorial on how to effect the setup using the MAC audio MIDI app, this Apple webpage shows the general process.

Additionally this is a Roland page but it is about Sierra and not the current Catalina OS, hence it may be that Roland are still playing catchup with MAC integration on the OS update.

Sorry I cannot be more specific.

Reaction score
Thanks biggles, it was nice to give me the Mac advise, although my main problem is with the set up of the JV-80 keyboard in midi.Would really like to find a user of the Jv80 who uses Midi for recording in DP. Thanks so much for the Mac advice. Danny

Ask a Question