Key Midi Controller

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Blair Digital Chanter and currently work with bitwig 3.2.

I would like to know if there's a way to change the key to my midi controller as now it's only set to 1 key no matter what instrument I choose.

All help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Dries

Reaction score
What if we're talking about an 8-key midi controller like for example the korg nanokey, would you be able to change the key on these?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
When you say "change the key," I'm assuming you mean transpose?

Not all MIDI controllers have a transpose feature, so you'd need to check in the manual to see. I'm not familiar with the Blair Digital Chanter.

However, a lot of DAWs have MIDI processing functions which can be used to transpose incoming MIDI Note data. I don't know whether Bitwig does, but I'll take a look at the manual to see.

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
See page 412 of the Bitwig manual, where it mentions the "Diatonic Transposer." I don't have Bitwig, so I can't try it out myself, but it should let you transpose the notes you're playing.

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
Bitwig Studio looks like it has a lot of "MIDI effects" (as they're called). How do you like Bitwig Studio? Do you find it to be easy to use? Would you recommend it to someone who's looking for a DAW to use?

Ask a Question