Korg Nautilus Sequencer Volume Problems

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I could not find any solutions about my problem here in the forum or elsewhere in the internet yet.
I want to play Backingtracks and play along with them live on my Korg Nautilus.
This actually works so far. Putting a Wave file into the sequencer mode, select the sounds I want and then in the setlist mode choose the song and select the miditracks I want to use to play over it.
Now the problem: if for example the first instrument track is selected to midi channel one and the second to midi channel two, and I change the volume of both or of just one of them, the volume settings will be saved. BUT if I want to play both sounds as a combi, so track one is midi channel one and track two is also linked to midi channel one, so that both sounds play simultaneously, the volume settings won't be saved... This is a big issue for me, as I really need to adjust the volumes of the sounds...
I hope you kinda can understand the problem here...(sorry for mistakes, English is not my mothertongue).
So basically I can adjust volumes of different instruments in the sequencer mode if I play them separately, but when I want to play them as a combi in the sequencer mode it does not work...

Thanks in advance for any help

Cheers,
David

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I could not find any solutions about my problem here in the forum or elsewhere in the internet yet.
I want to play Backingtracks and play along with them live on my Korg Nautilus.
This actually works so far. Putting a Wave file into the sequencer mode, select the sounds I want and then in the setlist mode choose the song and select the miditracks I want to use to play over it.
Now the problem: if for example the first instrument track is selected to midi channel one and the second to midi channel two, and I change the volume of both or of just one of them, the volume settings will be saved. BUT if I want to play both sounds as a combi, so track one is midi channel one and track two is also linked to midi channel one, so that both sounds play simultaneously, the volume settings won't be saved... This is a big issue for me, as I really need to adjust the volumes of the sounds...
I hope you kinda can understand the problem here...(sorry for mistakes, English is not my mothertongue).
So basically I can adjust volumes of different instruments in the sequencer mode if I play them separately, but when I want to play them as a combi in the sequencer mode it does not work...

Thanks in advance for any help

Cheers,
David

Hi David, I'm Dan Stesco, a KORG.ING sound developer. If I understand well, you need to link the tack 1 to 2 to same MIDI Ch but the automatic volume is not work right ? Volume is a midi CC that will be saved with your track so if the message volume have different reference will not be saved. Volume is on the MIDi Ch reference not for Track reference. All you record on track one will be reflected on track two as well if the track 2 has a same MIDI Ch with Track one.

Reaction score
Hi Dan! Thanks for your reply already!

I realized that my problem is not only when playing combinations but also when playing single tracks by the way.
I am not sure if I understand you right.
Soo it is not about recording something! But about playing live with the sequencer.
I want the tracks that I am playing to have certain volumes but they always go back to 127 after leaving the song…

(Also when choosing copy from combi, volumes won't get copied)

Reaction score
Could you send me the SNG to check the problem ? Maybe you have the exclusive message recorded on the beginning on the tracks. here it is my mail : (e-mail address removed)

Ask a Question