Music Theory

Reaction score
Interesting video, Gary.

In our local pub/club scene here, just about EVERYONE plays with tracks. Certainly the most successful acts do. Why? It helps them be commercially viable. It's a lot easier to split the pie only (for example) three ways and get those mortgages paid!

The pub band I'm in doesn't use tracks, but we're definitely an exception for the rock/party music genre. Mind you there's six of us on stage and we do it for fun and beer money, not to earn a living.

The tribute act I'm in uses a track in our current show, quite obviously and unabashedly. It's an entire symphony orchestra playing with just me on piano and the vocalist playing live. No-one's ever criticised us for it, but if they did, I'd laugh at them.

So bottom line, I have nothing against it. Good luck to people using tracks. As long as they're not pretending to play their instruments, who cares?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
As long as they're not pretending to play their instruments, who cares?

Ditto.

And where would you draw the line anyway?

Audio tracks?

MIDI Files?

Sheet music?

Are any of these any less sterile and artificial?

As long as it has a decent beat and lets me get my freak on I'm happy enough to listen to anything. :D

Gary ;)

Ask a Question