Musical Newb

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
And one last thing. Definitely DO register the keyboard on Casio's website. It will extend your warranty to 3 years. The serial number of the unit is inside the battery compartment.

Reaction score
I get to work from home on account of the snow so i can be here upon delivery. Going to have let things acclimate the board will be cold.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Purolator has a policy. Residential deliveries are anytime between 9 AM and 7 PM...

Patience grasshopper. ;)

Also yesterday's storm didn't help... :p

Reaction score
I figured out what happened, the driver discovered the XW and is rocking out right now. Lol

Reaction score
Well finally.....have to say I"m a bit surprised that nothing was boxed, they had better hope nothing was damaged.

dqte_315_ud9cb.jpg

Reaction score
There is no way today to plug it in, upon taking the board out its covered in frost. :( Will leave till after work tomorrow to check it.

Reaction score
I registered with Casio but I don't think you get the extended warranty, there is a link on the website "Register Your CELVIANO & Privia Piano Within 30 days of Purchase to Get an Extended Warranty" but nothing in the email about 3 years after registration.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Ahrrrr laddie. Tis a thing of beauty fer sure!

The frost sounds nasty. Give it at least 12 hours inside in a heated place til it dries before you plug it in.

Gary :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
AFAIK Mike Martin stated that registered XW's were eligible for the extended warranty and when I registered mine two years ago I definitely remember getting the extended warranty.

If yer still not sure, phone up Casio Canada at their 800 support number and ask a warm body what's the deal.

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
The printed manual, while largely useless overall, is an exercise in eyestrain.

Download the pdf from Casio and print it with the stretch to fill page option on letter sized paper if your eyes are anywhere near as bad as mine have become these days. ;)

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If you decide to do a firmware update, with all the dodgy power these days, be sure and load the Casio with batteries and use a UPS on the updating computer.

Also try and use a relatively clean copy of Windows 7 and disable any virus checkers.

Reaction score
Yeah I bought some Duracells over XMas but I will have to use my Mac, no PC's at this home, all Macs. lol

Ask a Question