Musical Newb

Reaction score
Yeah i had read that prior to asking how you did updating. I think a lot of issues come from users who are not familiar using a computer to do firmware updates and not following the correct steps in sequence. Onething users don't do is the obvious, disable antivirus, turn off power savers, screensavers etc. I'm not too worried. Lol thx

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Start shredding off a few Emerson Lake and Palmer riffs as soon as you walk in the door :D :D :D

Gary

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
So you got home. Plugged it in. Powered it up and suddenly realized, "Oh my god! I can't play a note!" ;)

Not to fear!!! Here's a couple of good books to help get you started...

http://www.amazon.ca/Simply-Piano-D...8&qid=1389135131&sr=1-4&keywords=simply+piano

http://www.amazon.ca/Everything-Mus...8-1&keywords=the+everything+music+theory+book

http://www.amazon.ca/Everything-Reading-Music-Book-Understanding/dp/1593373244/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

And check your local Kijiji and Craigslist for when you feel you're ready for some lessons. ;)

Gary :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Did you get it hooked up to the stereo and crank it up yet or are ya just using headphones?

Reaction score
Ok so heres how the update went.

Mac Mini - Mavericks OS 10.9
( Casio XW-P1 ver 1.11 Update fails, the site only shows 10.8 support) In Update Mode, it caused no issues. Upon launching the .APP it detected as corrupt and to trash, Casio doesn't say it supports 10.9 so that was my bad trying to cheat it.)

Windows 7 Pro - Casio XW-P1 ver. 1.11 Updater - Success

Steps:
1) Turned off Windows Defender completely
2) Set all power settings to full, no sleep or screen saver
3) Installed Casio XW-P1 through USB to laptop and verified XW was recognized through device driver installation before attempting running the updater.
4) Performed update, update graph will erase up to 8 bars then switches to write mode, then once completed restarts itself as bar graph runs through a sequencing cycle.

Hopefully in the future they will have 10.9 OSX support but for now I"ll stick with the successful method.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's hooked to the stereo, I need a 1/4" adapter for the headset, didn't realize they were 1/8" headphone jacked. This thing is da bomb, the harder you hit the keys the louder it is, haahahah.

Reaction score
What I don't get I got both the User Guide in French and English but only the French Mode Manual and it look to me to be more important.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
No biggie. If you phoned Casio they'd send you an English manual in a heartbeat, but you're probably better off printing your own.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Row Row Row Your Boat! Itsy Bitsy Spider! Mary Had a Little Lamb! Old MacDonald Had a Farm!!!

All these hits and MANY MORE can be YOURS!!!

Operators are standing by! :D :D :D

Ask a Question