Need Help With Choice

cfa

Reaction score
Should I buy a Roland RD-300SX or a Roland FP-4? Explain...

Also, which amp/speaker/monitor should I buy for good digital piano sound?

Reaction score
Haha damn, I'm lookin for a digital piano too. I have no idea what to get.

For the amp, i would also go for a roland. I have a KC-150, and it it sounds awesome. Roland is the best when it comes to keyboard amps, im not really sure that there is even anything out there that compares. Don't buy a cheap crate or something like that, It will just sound like crap. the 150 was worth the extra $$. If you want something bigger, get the 350. That thing is a tank.

Reaction score
Should I buy a Roland RD-300SX or a Roland FP-4? Explain...

Also, which amp/speaker/monitor should I buy for good digital piano sound?

Whoah...hold on a minute here...do yourself a tremendous favor and check out the Kurzweil SP2X...it absolutely blows away Roland in sound quality and it is cheaper then both of the rolands you mentioned!

Here...see for yourself.....

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/sp2x/

Before I get to the speaker issue...are you playing out live,or is it for home use?

Elwood

cfa

Reaction score
I actually tried the SP2X in my local instrument store, heh, I don't know about you but I found the 300SX's sound much better...

But on the other issue, I play both at home and in a band.

Reaction score
Dood, get a yamaha cp-33. I just bought one last weekend and it is awesome. I didnt like the way the keys felt on the 300sx, and the low end on the yamaha sounds way better. The only reason I would get a 300sx is if i needed a piano that was super light and compact. I also played the fp-7. It has more features than the others, but I still couldnt justify the price. I honestly think the yamaha plays and sounds just as good as the fp-7 (which is a step up from the fp-4). I'd at least play it and consider it before buying something else.

Ask a Question