Need nice pad module

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am new to thease forums so hope I'm righting this in the right place!

I am mostly a piano/Rhodes/organ player, play jazz and comtemporary Christian music. I use a Nord electro (2) and love it. The only other thing I need is a nice pad sound. I thought about trading it in for a different keyboard but I could get nothing I liked as much for a decent price.

I've been playing it with my friends Mac which has nice pads bit it's just such a pain to set that up each week at church.

Can anyone recommend a nice, small, cheap module that could just give me some nice pads?

Thanks for your help, O

Reaction score
Cheap....I'm afraid I cannot. I'm a firm believer in "you get what U pay for". Software is the cheapest option for good sound quality. If U wanna go with a rack module.....the Fantom XR is not too bad. The Motif ES is fine. And the Motif XS is pretty good. I would go for the XR if ur looking for good pads...but that's just my taste. Plus U get a few extra sounds U normally don't find on the Eletro 2. Just MIDI it in. If ur looking for good pianos/EPs/etc.....The Motif is a nice way to go. Any of these Rack units are gonna give U good sounds...but one does better in some areas than others.

Reaction score
Thanks Music man 222

What do you think about the idea of using a microkorg (or Korg micro x) as a module just to add the pads in the background?

Reaction score
Yeah...U could MIDI it in. I do like the pads on it. Very analog sounding. Heck...those things aren't much. I might add one to my gear. Great idea!!!

Ask a Question