Need some real keyboard fanatics to chime in

Reaction score
Hi -

I'm not a pianist or even a serious keyboardist, but I do play and over the past couple years I've accumulated a small collection of boards. I'm curious to know what some of the, "keyboard heads" around here who really know their stuff think of the collection :

Kawai EP 608
Yamaha DGX 500
Yamaha S03
Yamaha PSR 510
Yamaha PSR 41
E-MU Xboard 49

Thanks,
Joe

Reaction score
Kawai EP 608 - An interesting piece of equipment. Not very common.

Yamaha DGX 500 - An entry level PSR with more keys :)

Yamaha S03 - Entry level synth that has a really nice engine underneath. I'd keep this one

Yamaha PSR 510 - A new entry level PSR. If you're into arrangers I guess it's a decent keyboard for the price

Yamaha PSR 41 - Whoa! Now that's old. Donate it to some kid so he gets hooked up on playing keyboards :)

E-MU Xboard 49 - With all the keyboards above, I really don't know why would you need a MIDI controller. I'm almost sure the DGX, S03, and the 510 have USB-MIDI interfaces.

So there you have it :D

Reaction score
E-MU Xboard 49 - With all the keyboards above, I really don't know why would you need a MIDI controller. I'm almost sure the DGX, S03, and the 510 have USB-MIDI interfaces.

So there you have it :D

First off, thank you for your response. That's what I'm looking for.

As for why the Xboard, there are a couple reasons :

1.) Plugged in to any of the aforementioned keyboards (with exception to the DGX and the Kawai piano), you can set it up to play in a register not present on the board you're on while utilizing said board's patch (i.e. great for extending the range while playing or recording live). It also gives you modulation of the patch on said boards that don't have modulation.

2.) It's much smaller than all of the other boards, so for ( litterally ) laptop composing (as in, a board on my lap while I'm wasting time watching tv next to a computer) it's great.

Reaction score
Here's one more tip... It's kinda a semi-profesional deformation :D

You basically have 2 "Welcoming" screens on your website.
The first one gives you a list of songs, and then you "Continue to main website"
just to get another "Enter" screen.

Imagine you go to the store and you get stopped by the manager saying:

"Hello there, we have tons of stuff in our store. Would you like to see them?"
- Then you think to yourself... Well sure... that's why I'm going there!

The manager lets you pass but then you get stopped by another employee asking you: "Are you sure you want to go to the store?"

And you have to talk to that guy again before you even set foot in it...

Hehe... I'm exaggerating a bit, but that's a rookie mistake that webdesigner do.

Also, I'd reccomend you get one of bajillion free CSS templates out there and
recreate the site. You have tons of stuff there and it's just a shame seeing it in a
layout that came out of 1993 :)

Ask a Question